Personal Injury

If you’ve suffered personal injury—whether in a motor vehicle accident or otherwise—our personal injury lawyers in Adelaide and Mount Barker can help you get the maximum amount of compensation that you’re entitled to under law.

When Can You Claim Compensation for an Injury?

You may be able to bring a personal injury claim if you suffered a personal injury as a result of someone else’s negligence or if you suffered a personal injury at work or in the course of your employment.

Generally, you can make a claim for personal injury against any person who, by his or her negligence, contributed to your personal injury. This includes drivers who cause motor vehicle accidents.

What Can You Claim For?

Depending on the nature of your personal injury, our lawyers may be able to claim for any—

  • physical injuries;
  • pain and suffering;
  • scarring or disfigurement;
  • psychological injuries;
  • medical expenses (past and future);
  • necessary home modifications;
  • necessary equipment for day-to-day living;
  • services required to look after you (including voluntarily);
  • services required to maintain your home or garden;
  • lost income (past and future);
  • lost sick leave or annual leave entitlements; and
  • loss or suffering of your spouse or domestic partner.

Three-Year Time Limit

You normally have three years after you suffer a personal injury to bring a lawsuit in court. In some circumstances, it is possible to obtain an extension of time from the court, but it’s always best to see a lawyer as soon as possible.

Seeing a lawyer early allows the lawyer to gather accurate information and prepare adequately before filing a lawsuit in court. It’s the best way to maximise the amount you can successfully claim.

No Win, No Fee

If you have a personal injury claim that has legal merit but you cannot afford to pay for a lawyer, our lawyers in Adelaide and Mount Barker can act for you on a no win, no fee basis. Click here for details.